|About Mt. Elbrus 5642M.
Mt. Elbrus- Highest two head mountain of Europe. It is in central Caucasus region in Russian
Federation. west summit is 5642 m and east summit 5621 m. Easiest way in a summit is a 2A
grade. One of difficulty thing is his high altitude . But all members with good physical condition and
good acclimatization can climb on summit. First ascent was made in 1829
Program of Ascension to Mountain Elbrus 5642M.
Day 1 – Meet at MinVodi Airport and transfer to a hotel in Terskol. .
Day 2 – An acclimatization hike to the Terskol peak 3000 m(about 5
Day 3 -An acclimatization ascent of Mt.Cheget 3000m (about 5
Day 4 - Tourists vacate their rooms.
Transfer to Azau cable-car station. Lift Azau (2000m.)-
Garabashi (3700m.). Accommodation in a mountain hut
Overnight in hut.
Day 5 – Acclimatization hike to the Pastukhov Rocks (4700m.).
Overnight in the hut.
Day 6 -Summit attempt Elbrus. Overnight in the hut.
Day 7 - Descend to the hotel
Day 8 -Back-up day. Hike in the Baksan valley.
Day 9 -Breakfast at the Hotel. Transfer to Min Vodi Airport.
|The cost of the tour Mt. Elbrus
|The cost of the tour Mt. Elbrus includes
• Transfer from airport to airport.
• Twin accommodation at the hotel (5 nights),
• A mountain hut accommodation 3-4 nights(the Barrels or the other hut on 3750m)
• Transfers Stepantsminda -Terskol- Stepantsminda (only our driver on transfer),
• Transfer HTL-Azau-HTL
• Lift to Elbrus(1 time)
• English-speaking guide
• Mountain guides - 1 guide for 3 people(one attempt of ascent is paid)
• Cook at a mountain hut
• Full board(fixed menu)
• Visa support
|The cost of the tour Mt. Elbrus does not include
• Single supplement for the whole period at the HTL 5 nights 55 EURO p/p
• Snow cat from the Barrels to the Pastukhov Rocks 400 EURO per one drive for a group of 2-10 pax
• Extra lift, transfers, snow cat
• Extra nights at the mountain hut
• Extra guides
• Air ticket
• Extra summit attemptPorters
• Unexpected preliminary evacuation cost
• Alcoholic drinks
- We can organize any personal variant for the Mt. Elbrus program at group’s request for individual program.
Guides’ equipment include: climbing equipment, GPS navigation, 2 way radio, mobile phone, satellite phone, first aid kit for the mountains)
| Climbing equipment
|Personal Climbing equipment:
• Ice axe
• Tape Slings (2)
• Karabiners (2 lock)
• Mountaineering Boots
|Group Climbing equipment:
• Ice axe
• Tape Slings
• Ice Hammer
• Ice Screw
| • Sleeping bag
• Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Tika)
• Trekking Bags/Duffel bag
• High protection sun cream SPF 30 or more
• Basic First Aid Kit
• Large plastic bags - for keeping items dry
• Trekking Poles
• Water bottle, Termos
• Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet papers etc)
• Ear plugs (who knows, maybe some of the climbers in the group are snorers)
• Sun hat or scarf
• Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
• Sunglasses with UV protection
• Thin, lightweight inner socks
• Thick, warm wool hiking socks
• Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals)
• Mountain boots
• Lightweight gloves
• Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer
• Under Garments
• Hiking shorts
• Lightweight cotton long pants
• Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms
• Fleece or wool pants
• Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
• Light and expedition weight thermal tops
• Fleece jacket or pullover
• Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
• Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
• Down vest and/or jacket
Weather forecast for Mt. Elbrus
- 3000 Meter
- 4000 Meter
- 5642 Meter (Summit Mt. Elbrus)