|About Mt. Shkhara 5200 M..
Mt. Shkhara is a one of the highest (5200m) and beautiful mountain in Caucasian mountains. Shkhara is highest mountain in Georgia.
Shkhara is located in central Caucasus, region of Svaneti. Shkhara is a one of the technical difficult mountain for
climbing. Clasical way is a 5B grade by Russian grade. First ascent was made in 1888 by English
and Swiss climbers.
Program of Ascension to Mountain Skhara 5200 M.
Day 1 – Meeting at the Airport and transfer to Hotel.
Day 2 – Meeting at Tbilisi to hotel 6 am, drive on comfortable car 4X4 to the province Svaneti, north-west Georgia. Tbilisi-Ushguli (520 km, 10 - 12 hours). Arrival to the vil. Ushguli. Dislocation in guesthouse.
Day 3 -Free day, check equipment and packing food, instruction.
Day 4 - Track to BC (2300 m.). Night in tents. Walking about 7 - 8 hours
Day 5 – BC - Camp 1 (3200 m.). Night in tents. Climbing about 7-8 hours. (UIAA grade VI, 30 Meter 5C - 6A)
Day 6 -Camp 1 - Camp 2 (4000 m.). Night in tents. Climbing about 7-8 hours. (UIAA grade VII-, 70 Meter 6A+ - 6B)
Day 7 - Camp 2 - Camp 3 (4600 m.). Night in tents. Climbing about 7-8 hours. (UIAA grade VI, 60 Meter 5C+ - 6A)
Day 8 - Camp 3 - Summit 5193m. - Camp 3. 6 Hour Up - 4 Hour Down. (UIAA grade VII-, 20 Meter "6A" - "6A+"; 100 Meter "5C")
Day 9 -Camp 3 - Camp 1 (3200 m.). Night in tents. Climbing about 9 hours.
Day 10 - Camp 1 - BC; about 8 Hour
Day 11 - BC - Village Ushguli . 5 Hours ; Overnight in guesthouse
Day 12 - Reserve day in case of bad weather.
Day 13 - Reserve day in case of bad weather.
Day 14 - Reserve day in case of bad weather.
Day 15 - Ushguli - Mestia (Coultural tour) Overnight in guesthouse
Day 16 - Mestia - Tbilisi (460 km; 8 hour) Overnight in hotel
Day 17 - Transfer to the Airport.
|The cost of the tour Mt. Shkhara
|The cost of the tour Mt. Shkhara includes
• Transfer from airport to airport.
• All transportation during the tour. Transfer: Tbilisi - Svaneti region -Tbilisi
• 2 nights Hotel In Tbilisi (Meal: B / -- / -- )
• 1 Nights in Mestia (Meal: B / L / D )
• 3 Nights in Ushguli vil. (Meal: B / L / D )
• 9 - 11 Nights in Tents (Meal: B / L / D )
• Horses for luggage from village to BC. (Horses will take all products and general equipment like ropes, pitons etc.)
• Two English and Russian speaking mountain guides for the whole tour.
• General Equipment (Rope, Ice and rock piton etc.)
|The cost of the tour Mt. Shkhara does not include
|• Air tickets
• Visa and invitations
• Visa Fees
• Medical expenses and insurance
• Re-booking of hotels
• Single supplements
• Alcoholic drinks
- We can organize any personal variant for the Mt. Shkhara program at group’s request for individual program.
Guides’ equipment include: climbing equipment, GPS navigation, 2 way radio, mobile phone, satellite phone, first aid kit for the mountains)
| Climbing equipment
|Personal Climbing equipment:
• Ice axe
• Tape Slings (5)
• Karabiners (10 - 12)
• Mountaineering Boots
• Two Ascender
|Group Climbing equipment:
• Ice axe
• Tape Slings
• Ice Hammers
• Ice Screws
| • Sleeping bag
• Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Tika)
• Trekking Bags/Duffel bag
• High protection sun cream SPF 30 or more
• Basic First Aid Kit
• Large plastic bags - for keeping items dry
• Trekking Poles
• Water bottle, Termos
• Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet papers etc)
• Ear plugs (who knows, maybe some of the climbers in the group are snorers)
• Sun hat or scarf
• Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
• Sunglasses with UV protection
• Thin, lightweight inner socks
• Thick, warm wool hiking socks
• Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals)
• Mountain boots
• Lightweight gloves
• Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer
• Under Garments
• Hiking shorts
• Lightweight cotton long pants
• Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms
• Fleece or wool pants
• Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
• Light and expedition weight thermal tops
• Fleece jacket or pullover
• Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
• Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
• Down vest and/or jacket
Weather forecast for Mt. Shkhara
- 2300 Meter (BC)
- 4600 Meter (Camp 3)
- 5200 Meter (Summit Mt. Shkhara)