|About Mt. Ushba 4690 and 4710M.
Ushba is one of the most notable peaks of the Caucasus Mountains. It is located in the Svaneti region of Georgia. It is spire-shapes double summit. It has the south and north peaks. The south peak is the highest (4700m), the north is 10m lower. Ushba Slopes are covered with glacier. The north summit is more accessible than the south summit. The north summit was first climbed in 1888 by English climbers and the south was first climbed in 1903. Before that about 20 ascents were unsuccessful tried. The First soviet ascent was made in 1934, led by Alexander Japaridze. There is alpine club “Ushba” in London.
Program of Ascension to Mountain Ushba 4690 and 4710M.
Day 1 – Meeting at the Airport and transfer to hostel.
Day 2 – Meeting at Tbilisi hostel 9 am, drive on comfortable minibus or car to the province Svaneti, north-west Georgia. Tbilisi-Becho (460 km, 7-8 hours). Arrival to the vil. Becho. Dislocation in guesthouse.
Day 3 -Free day, check equipment and packing food, instruction.
Day 4 - Track to Camp 1 (2800 m.). Night in tents. Walking about 5 - 6 hours
Day 5 – Track to Camp 2 (4000 m.). Night in tents. Walking about 5 - 6 hours.
walking about 5 - 6 hour.
Day 6 -Track to Camp 3 (4250 m.). Night in tents. Walking about 3 - 4 hours
Day 7 - Free acclimatization day.
Day 8 - Camp 3 - Summit 4690m. - Camp 3 or Camp 2.
Day 9 -Track to Camp 1 (2800 m.). Night in tents.
Day 10 - Camp 1 - Village
Day 11 - Reserve day in case of bad weather.
Day 12 - Reserve day in case of bad weather.
Day 13 - Becho - Tbilisi
Day 14 - Transfer to the Airport.
|The cost of the tour Mt. Ushba
|The cost of the tour Mt. Ushba includes
|• Transfer from airport to airport.
• All transportation during the tour. Transfer: Tbilisi - Svaneti -Tbilisi
• 2 nights Hostel In Tbilisi
• 3 Nights in Mestia
• 6 Nights in Tents in the mountain
• Horses for luggage from village to BC. (Horses will take all products and general equipment like ropes, pitons etc.)
• English and Russian speaking mountain guides for the whole tour.
• General Equipment (Rope, Ice and rock piton etc.)
|The cost of the tour Mt. Ushba does not include
|• Air tickets
• Visa and invitations
• Visa Fees
• Medical expenses and insurance
• Re-booking of hotels
• Single supplements
• Alcoholic drinks
- We can organize any personal variant for the Mt. Ushba program at group’s request for individual program.
Guides’ equipment include: climbing equipment, GPS navigation, 2 way radio, mobile phone, satellite phone, first aid kit for the mountains)
| Climbing equipment
|Personal Climbing equipment:
• Ice axe
• Tape Slings (2)
• Karabiners (2 lock)
• Mountaineering Boots
|Group Climbing equipment:
• Ice axe
• Tape Slings
• Ice Hammer
• Ice Screw
| • Sleeping bag
• Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Tika)
• Trekking Bags/Duffel bag
• High protection sun cream SPF 30 or more
• Basic First Aid Kit
• Large plastic bags - for keeping items dry
• Trekking Poles
• Water bottle, Termos
• Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet papers etc)
• Ear plugs (who knows, maybe some of the climbers in the group are snorers)
• Sun hat or scarf
• Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
• Sunglasses with UV protection
• Thin, lightweight inner socks
• Thick, warm wool hiking socks
• Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals)
• Mountain boots
• Lightweight gloves
• Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer
• Under Garments
• Hiking shorts
• Lightweight cotton long pants
• Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms
• Fleece or wool pants
• Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
• Light and expedition weight thermal tops
• Fleece jacket or pullover
• Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
• Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
• Down vest and/or jacket
Weather forecast for Mt. Ushba
- 3000 Meter (Camp 1)
- 4000 Meter (Plato)
- 4710 Meter (Summit Mt. Ushba)